Willoughby, OH | Temp to Hire
Successful Willoughby, Ohio company is seeking CASTING OPERATORS for all shifts!!
Benefits immediately and paid holidays after 30 days!!
What you'd do as a Casting Operator:
- Evaluate and interpret PDS traveler and production schedules.
- Calculate chemistry percentage levels from pounds to kilograms, etc, and add or separate chemicals from mixtures.
- Select, set-up and verify tooling.
- Set-up, load and operate machines, dye pots and other equipment to flask or unit pours parts.
- Perform periodic quality inspection checks and measures.
- Maintain production logs and other related paperwork with accuracy and completeness.
- Flush equipment as needed.
- Practice good housekeeping and safety habits.
- Support and follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Casting Operator:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and read measuring tools.
- Must be able to maintain an acceptable productivity rating established for each product type.
- Must be able to perform basic preventive maintenance of tooling and/or production equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of continuous improvement methods such as GTO (scrap reduction).
- Must be able to prioritize work flow.
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly make adjustments in moving the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Must be able to correctly follow instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and understand information presented in writing.
- Some knowledge of nylon applications helpful.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with an ISO style quality control system.
APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!!