Solon, OH 44139
Our client is seeking qualified Chemical Operators for DIRECT HIRE opportunities at their Solon, Ohio facility!
- Operate the ball mill, extraction process, still and rotary driers, and blender. This work includes:
- Feeding and operating ball mill, extraction and neutralize process per set points and SOP.
- Constant monitoring and adjusting of extraction and neutralization processes, filter material, dry material, perform basic quality and processing checks as needed.
- Deals with Slurry containing hazardous HF and HCl.
- Hazwoper incident commander.
- Analyzes process materials with XRF equipment.
- Runs microtrac equipment.
- Takes all measurements necessary to maintain audits, records, and control charts for Grain Plant Operations.
- Planning extraction runs and maintaining production levels.
- Performs all corrective actions and updates SPPC and other documentation.
- Weighs, measures, blunges and pumps liquid and powdered materials into wet grinding mill.
- Monitors mill hourly during operation.
- Measures slip viscosity/solids content and particle size distribution using analytic equipment when milling is completed.
- Add binder, adjust by measuring moisture and viscosity.
- Pumps slip through screening, de-airing and dropping equipment.
Set-up bead dropping process:
- Charges calcium chloride to proper specific gravity (concentration).
- Start the boiler, establish proper heat-up procedures for CaCl2 tank and wash station.
- Assemble nozzle head and vibrator and amplifier.
- Start software monitoring program.
- Start up and establish proper bead spraying pattern. Monitor bead sizes and roundness by utilizing image analysis system.
- Monitor and adjust belt speed for proper gelling time.
- Operate wash station and maintain proper flow and TDS.
- Collects beads in trays at the rear of the forming process and places full trays on dryer cart.
- Screens green beads as necessary and moves them for firing.
- Setup screening, belting and tabling process equipment, perform screening, belting and tabling submit samples of fired beads for QC approval.
- Weighs, packages, labels and transports approved beads to finished goods warehouse.
- Completes and submits issue and receipt paperwork for all finished beads.
- Orders packaging supplies as required.
- Reports malfunctions in equipment or process to Supervisor for corrective action.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficiency in shop mathematics, technical reading, blue print reading, basic chemistry and process control.
- Basic chemistry – Associates or equivalent
- A-Grain chemistry
- Specific Grain Plant chemical reactions
- Specific Grain Plant equipment and functions
- Batch Control
- Computerized Systems
- MS Office – Intermediate Level
- Understand how to control solubility
- Understand purpose of equipment
- Monitor and plot process – assist in crating Control charts.
- Be able to measure Fluorides and make decisions on what to adjust
- Be able to perform basic troubleshooting and minor maintenance work
- Understand importance of proper cleaning of blender and handling of drum labeling.