Cadillac, MI | Direct Hire
Our client has over 30 years of experience as an international supplier to a broad range of engine markets. They are currently seeking a CONTROLS ENGINEER for their successful team!
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer:
- Develop Robotic Cells for the Cadillac Plant.
- Integrate, Update, Upgrade, and Design Equipment and Machinery.
- Create, Install, Refine System/Databases for equipment performance and product history.
- Work with equipment to reduce downtime and increase efficiency.
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing production equipment.
- Work with process/product engineering to make necessary changes to equipment for improvements, product changes and new product launches.
- Develop programming and equipment standards for PLC and automated systems.
- Oversee and assist with outsourced machine builds.
Requirements of the Controls Engineer:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Experience in HMI, PLC, SQL, Vision Systems, and Microsoft office computer and software
- ACAD experience in developing electrical schematics
- Understands Electrical, Pneumatic, P&ID diagrams, tags and symbols
- Understands electrical schematics, including motor control, and can perform markups
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to communicate well with other members of the development team