General Plant Utility
Solon, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client, a leader in the packaging industry, is currently seeking qualified candidates for General Plant Utility positions! This is an excellent opportunity to get in with a stable and growing company!
This position requires employees to feed and catch cartons on a gluing machine at a pace that keeps up with the speed of the machine. Will perform supporting duties for the purpose of manufacturing folded and glued cartons.
General Plant Utility Job Duties:
- Working on gluer feeding and catching cartons
- Weighing scrap and running baler
- Sorting cartons for defects
- Assists operator on gluer
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Monitors the housekeeping standards in the break room, actively managing the cleanliness of storage shelves and items stored in refrigerators (discarding abandoned food products).
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while reinforcing SQF standards and company core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
General Plant Utility Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Visual color discrimination (the ability to distinguish between different colors, including shades of colors)
- Familiar with AIB/HACCP/SQF compliance standards
- Familiar with food defense compliance standards