Industrial Maintenance Technician
Walton Hills, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client is a manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC sheets, flexible PVC, and TPU (Polyurethane) sheets from the highest quality resin compounds.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5pm with one hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be needed.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Routine and preventive maintenance on extruders and other related equipment.
- Installation and repair of equipment.
- Building maintenance.
- Fabrication of equipment and functional parts.
- Tool room up keep and parts inventory.
- Routine maintenance on granulators.
- Routine maintenance on tow motors.
- Assemble/install and or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience
- Know and understand basic safety and power tools
- Mathematical aptitude
- Electrical aptitude including wiring systems, pumps, motors and knowledge of 110v, 240v, 480v, single and three phase and basic PLC’s
- Knowledge base in building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and equipment maintenance including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs
- Ability to operate forklifts and overhead cranes
- Able to fabricate metal equipment and functional parts
- Ability to use oxy-acetate torches and welding units including Arc and Mig welders
- Ability to read and understand micrometers, tape measures, calipers and other measuring instruments
- Able to multi-task and self-organize
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to communicate and coordinate with others
- Able to install, service and rebuild pumps including fluid, vacuum and hydraulic pumps
- Able to install, service and rebuild gear boxes, sprockets, bearings, gears and other energy transferring equipment.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- Regular and punctual attendance
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Fork lift Certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Any certification pertaining to electrical building and machinery maintenance is a plus