Lead Shipper/ Receiver
Euclid, OH | Temp to Hire
For over 70 years, our client has been the leader in high temperature wire and cable. They are currently seeking a LEAD SHIPPER / RECEIVER for their successful operation!
This position will train on 1st shift then move to 2nd shift once adequately trained. The pay starts at $13/hr and there is a $.35 shift premium once on 2nd shift.
LEAD SHIPPER/RECEIVER DUTIES:
- The lead shipper/receiver will assist the Shipping Supervisor in coordinating the activities of the department where additional direction is required. (It is expected that shipper/receivers continue to be essentially self-directed).
- Responsible for the allocation of department resources (workers, machines, material, and space) on a daily basis, training employees, and handling problems as they occur that are beyond the capability of the shipper/receivers.
- Completes order write-ups and calls freight carriers for daily shipments, and acts as the primary contact person for the shipping/receiving activity, including resolving freight problems.
- Looks for orders due to be shipped and circulates winding sheets (orders due to be shipped) on a weekly basis.
- Loads & unloads raw materials from suppliers.
- Stage, package, and move finished goods for storage or direct shipment to customers.
- Call carriers and process UPS computer (if required).
- Complete paperwork (labels, packing slip, bill of lading, delivery orders) if required.
- Pickup of trash and card board.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
- Certified OSHA lift truck license.
- Excellent reading, writing and computer skills to make transactions.
- Must be physically able to step on and off lift truck multiple times per day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (packing and repacking pallets).
- Must be able to bend over (and/or squat) and work on floor pallets, and be capable of lifts for two (reel) rows.
- Must be willing and able to work 45 hours a week (5x8¼) M-F. Saturdays as required.