Machine Operator Assistant / Packaging Specialist
Solon, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client specializes in stocking, sheeting, and slitting various forms of Aluminum Foil, Copper Foil and Stainless Steel Foil. They are currently seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR ASSISTANT / PACKAGING SPECIALIST!
The hours for this position will be 7:00am - 3:30pm with the opportunity for overtime (when necessary).
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator / Packaging Specialist:
- Package, handle, and protect finished materials produced on machines
- Assist other operators in the setup of machinery
- Inspect, calibrate, and check operator setup of machinery
- Assist the operator to help operate and run machine that slits product to customer specifications and
dimensions according to work orders
- Load materials onto machine and adjust machine to match material loaded
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine
- Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports
- Must always be mentally alert on the machine
- Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee. Training will
include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management
Excellent Benefits Upon Hire!
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Requirements of the Machine Operator / Packaging Specialist:
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Fork lift Certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Tow motor driving experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks on a daily basis
- Willingness to adapt to different production functions throughout the shop
- Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous slitting experience and knowledge of metal and machinery preferred
- Regular and punctual attendance