Middlefield, OH | Direct Hire
Successful rubber compounding company is seeking Maintenance Mechanics for 2nd or 3rd shift!!
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Install, repair, and maintain production or facilities equipment.
- Identify trouble and determine extent of repairs necessary; repair, refit, or replace.
- Fabricate and weld parts and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot single and three phase electric motors.
- Layout and route piping.
- Perform machining work from drawing, samples, or sketches, often to close tolerances.
- Carpentry layout work and specify materials.
- Follow safety procedures and rules. Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice good housekeeping; take proper care of tools and equipment.
- Clean up area after a job has been completed.
- Perform any special projects requested by management.
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications / Requirements:
- Basic math skills.
- Read and comprehend written instructions.
- Welding, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical ability a plus.
- Pipefitting skills.
- Knowledge of tools (hand and power).
- Analytical skills as diagnostic skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Industrial machinery skills.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. using available safety devices.
- Must be available for overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to read blueprints.