Painesville, OH 44077
The Maintenance Mechanic will report into the Maintenance Supervisor. He/she is responsible for using their technical skills, knowledge, and experience to complete the mechanical maintenance and construction activities by performing the following duties:
Maintenance Mechanic duties:
- Provide professional services for the construction, installation, modification and maintenance of safe, reliable systems and facilities at the LZ Painesville Plant.
- Safely maintain, troubleshoot, repair, modify and/or construct mechanical equipment used to make and move chemicals.
- Provide technical input to internal customers regarding the installation, repair and safe operation of equipment and systems
- Continuously improve the quality of individual and group services in order to meet the plants’ needs in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Safely work independently and around others by following all required procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- High School Diploma or GED (must show proof)
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to wear SCBA/Respirator and other protective equipment as required.
- Proper use of tank entry equipment, PPE, and confined space work permits are required.
- Good math skills (additions, subtraction, division, multiplication)
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Computer skills
- Metal fabrication
- Equipment trouble-shooting
- Rotating/stationary equipment repair
- Pipefitting and layout
- Forklift operation
- Reading prints and diagrams
- Utilizing tools of the trade
Considered a Plus:
- Previous chemical plant experience or knowledge of chemical hazards.
- Formal technical/trade schools or certification
*Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, holidays and call-ins (as needed)*