NE Ohio, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client, the largest privately owned property management and development firm in Northeast Ohio, has an immediate need for MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS!!
Openings at 2 locations, one in Cleveland; one in Euclid.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30-5:00 with on-call
Both positions are full-time!
Responsible for overall maintenance and upkeep of property, buildings, landscaping, and exterior image. Technician will perform all duties with highest regard for safety, aesthetic, and operational functions at all times.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
- Provide service to residents
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player: willing and able to “cover” for fellow work associate when someone is out absent (sick or vacation)
- Job functions may include the daily use of the company Samsung tablet to increase productivity and efficiency. This is company property and part of my responsibility while in my possession, during work hours.
- Assist custodial technician on days they require two persons to transport or move dumpster as laid out in company compactor policy : this is mandatory
- Help control expenses to property by in house repair and good inventory practices
- Do boiler room checks daily and log all pressure and temps
- Accurately complete information on service requests: (parts/time/other)
- Use a plunger or auger to open blocked drains
- Repair suites as necessary/complete all work orders
- Change air filters, clean coils, clean out drain pans, and condensate drain lines as needed
- Ensure all common areas are clean and free from debris—requires several inspections during each shift
- Reset breakers, replace fuses
- Check light bulbs and replace as necessary
- If applicable clean and maintain pool area
- Check smoke detectors and fire safety equipment on routine basis or as directed by Maintenance Director/Property Manager/Area Manager
- Operate snow blower, shovel, and salt as needed
- Watering landscaping as necessary
- Inform Maintenance Director/Property Manager/Area Manager of any problems or concerns relating to property and residents
- Replace floor, bathroom, and wall tile as needed
- Replace electrical outlets and switches as needed
- Perform minor carpentry
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Repair and replace window screening
- Troubleshoot and repair small appliances and AC units
- Assist as needed in general grounds maintenance
- All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director, Facilities Director, Property Manager or Area Manager
The ideal Maintenance Technician will possess the following:
- Must pass company maintenance exam
- Must have previous carpentry, plumbing, electrical work experience
- Must have proper clothing for inclement weather conditions
- Must have basic hand tools
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time without a break
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- All communications, interactions and duties must be executed in a professional manner
APPLY NOW FOR CONSIDERATION!!