Pilot Plant Technician
Avon Lake, OH 44012
* Will be working a flexible 12 hour rotation schedule for 84 hours -- biweekly*
Your primary responsibility will be to operate PVC pilot reactors. It is required that you're familiar with how the reaction, recovery and stripping operations work. Must keep the reaction process going, and troubleshooting the vessels and associated equipment required to mix and react materials. You will also be responsible for cleaning the vessels and completing the required paperwork during processing. Monitor and troubleshoot the VCM recovery compressor system, DM water system, seal water system and hydraulic systems. Will be trained on-site duties to be the off-shift contact/security person. You will also be trained as the incident commander in charge.
• Coordinate and prioritize work during shift and give detail relief.
• Have a basic understanding of Plant Fundamentals.
• Demonstrate some basic mechanical experience using hand tools.
• Participate in tests and drills of our emergency response procedure.
• Knowledgeable in the proper handling of hazardous materials in the area.
• Be able to perform basic first aid.
• Be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to move 55-gallon drums with the use of hand trucks.
• Must be able to move compressed gas cylinders using a hand truck.
• Must be able to move full boxes using a pallet jack or tow motor.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to use and wear all safety equipment required to work in an IDLH atmosphere and/or confined space.
APPLY WITH RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!