Fairlawn, OH | Direct Hire
Our client in Fairlawn, Ohio is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. They are currently seeking an R&D Engineer for their HIGHLY successful operation!!
What You'd Do:
As an R&D Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of new products, applications or manufacturing processes, and provide internal and external product technical support for the engineered plastics business unit.
What You Can Offer:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in the field of Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering, Chemistry, or related Engineering degree.
- 5+ years of product development in compounded plastics.
- 3+ years experience in the area of Engineered Plastics product development and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the properties, characteristics and processing behavior of polymeric materials, additives, functional modifiers, and the formulation thereof.
- Intimate knowledge of polymer processing and testing methods and the ability to operate such equipment.
- Competency in project management, application of statistical experimental methodology, process improvement techniques, and fundamental business operational practices.
- Competency in engineering principles, fabrication methods and tooling, and product design criteria.
- Knowledge of quality systems for design and development, such as TS 16949, Design and Development requirements.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and IT systems.
This is the perfect opportunity to begin your new career with a well-known, stable organization! They've been in business since 1928 and have locations all over the world! APPLY TODAY!