Macedonia, OH | Direct Hire
Responsibilities of the Sales Engineer (Account Manager):
- Manages an assigned sales territory. Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes KIT, product initiatives, and services by making regular sales calls. Handles customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products. Attends product and selling skills seminars.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintains productive relationship with customer service associates through positive team work. Leads by example. -
Communicates information on new products and processes. Proactively engages customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Works with customers to identify cost savings opportunities and provides documentation of these via the KIT Documented Savings program. Maintains records of Documented Savings for all accounts; proactively seeks these opportunities and meets all obligations.
- Analyzes sales performance. Keeps company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Improves territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Report activities of the sales territory on a monthly basis to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Excellent networking, prospecting and closing skills.
- Ability to handle customers’ on-site inquiries, recommending better applications, design & product improvements.
- Must become an active member and participant in business organizations and networking events within the community.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Proven track record of high sales performance, including meeting/exceeding sales targets, or very recognizable sales skills with potential to enhance.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High level of comfort in communicating with every level of an organization from top level executives to field personnel.
- Ability and desire to learn technically complex products, demonstrated by prior success at Leviton or highly technical experience in a similar industry.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Candidates must successfully pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen test.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years inside/outside sales experience in industrial distribution.
- Experience selling Industrial products such as power transmission, bearing, electro/mechanical, and fluid power products or allied industry products.
- Up to 60 % of the time visiting current and prospect clients.
- Valid driver’s license required.
As a growing company and an industry leader, a very comprehensive compensation package and benefit program is offered!
- GENEROUS BASE and incentive bonus
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- Employee discounted Stock Purchase Plan
- 100% tax free tuition reimbursement
… and MORE!!