Automatic Press Operator/Total Setup/Coil Fed
Cleveland, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Cleveland, OH, is a full service metal stamping, aluminum extrusions, and specialty washers company. They are in search of the right person to fill their position of Automatic Press Operator/Total Setup/Coil Fed.
Primary function is to bolt die into press, enter all control parameters, make all adjustments to obtain first part, troubleshoot tooling and equipment, and operate automatic presses to trim, punch, notch, shape or draw bars, blanks or continuous coils of metal in die to produce parts to specifications and quality requirements. This position is responsible for adjusting die or press to produce part in tolerance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all company and equipment operation safety procedures
- Installs and aligns specified dies in press
- Adjusts ram to proper shut height
- Adjusts feeders, straighteners, and de-coilers
- Enters process parameters into equipment controllers
- Ensure all guards and misfeed protection devices are in place
- Load coil onto reel and start the strip
- Obtains first piece sample approval of the die
- Adjusts press to produce parts in tolerance
- Adjusts press to run at proper speed
- If operating press in production capacity, performs all routine maintenance on press
- Run press and pack parts.
- Using calipers and other measurement devices inspects critical dimensions of parts per documented quality requirements
- Notify Supervisor of equipment, tooling, and/or quality problems
- Keeps equipment, dies, tools, and work area clean, organized, and free of dirt, debris, clutter, oil, and water
- Completes production paperwork
- Enters daily labor record on time card
- Other duties may be assigned based on business requirements and applicable skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, piece counts, etc.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form