Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations for Aerospace/Defense customers.
They are in need of an experienced Buyer to join their operation!
The Buyer position will assist the Planner in preparing for jobs in an efficient manner to assure on-time delivery to the customer. The buyer will coordinate product deliveries for outside services and create purchase orders for goods and services to support company needs. This position will work closely with sales, engineering, and all other departments to assure the customers’ expectations are met in accordance with our company’s mission statement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders for goods and services to support company needs
- Maintain tooling cabinet inventory
- Monitor all outside service related jobs for processing, while maintaining consistent communication throughout the entire process (approx. 75 jobs per month)
- Update production control boards
- Maintain supplier review per ISO requirements
- Receipt of purchase orders not handled by shipping and receiving
- Request corrected certifications as needed
- Manage open purchase orders for on-time receipt
- Manage and schedule outside service vendor pick up and deliveries
- Gatekeeper- Filter cold calls and walk ins
- Excellent problem-solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem-solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
- Financial Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Highschool Degree or higher.
- 3 Years’ Experience
APPLY TODAY – CALL OR VISIT US ONLINE: