Painesville, OH | Temporary
Our client, a manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical components in Painesville, OH, is seeking 2 part time Buyers for a contract position that will last between 1-4 months.
Pay will depend on experience.
- This position is responsible for the timely quoting, purchasing and receipt of materials, production planning, maintaining the assembly schedule and inventory control of products as assigned consistent with MRP/ERP system requirements or as needed to support business objectives. The position is expected to establish, monitor and maintain performance levels with vendors in alignment with the key business targets of on time delivery, quality products, reduced lead times and cost reductions.
- Utilize MRP/ERP system to purchase, plan, allocate and issue materials to production in support of customer requirements. Coordinate the movement of materials from vendors ensuring all vendor supplied material is available and shipped on time to meet dock date requirements. Expedite materials when necessary. Coordinate on supplier delays; monitor and resolve delivery and quality issues with suppliers as needed. Visit local suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems. Create and maintain production, scheduling, forecasting/delivery, shortage, small business and government reports for all assigned materials.
- Manage and re-schedule demand as needed to support changing customer or business requirements (AOG’s, expedites, pull-in’s, cancellations, etc.) and maintain inventory controls for the assigned products, consistent with MRP/ERP system and business plan requirements. Manage expedites, deferrals and cancelations per MRP planning system. Quote lead times and provide shipping commitments as appropriate.
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers, as required. Work with Design Engineering on Pre-MRB’s and IDR’s, as well as address BOM issues and/or changes. Assist Manufacturing Engineering with cost estimates. Proactively work with Receiving and Quality to reduce or clear up grief rack issues.
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics and inventory control and management. Communications often involve persuading potential vendors to undertake the manufacturing of customer-designed items according to complex and rigid specifications. Negotiate prices, lead times, long-term agreements and delivery terms with guidance from Materials Manager or Supply Chain Manager.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations or Engineering.
- At least two (2) years of experience in purchasing and/or materials control; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Blue print reading preferred, but not required.
- Personal computer skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP systems, as they relate to procurement functions.
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Planning and some Accounting processes are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.