Willoughby, OH | Direct Hire
Purpose of the Job:
Our client in Willoughby, OH is a manufacturer of injection molded and extruded ceramic products. They are currently seeking an experienced Buyer for their successful operation!
The Buyer will implement purchasing strategies to achieve inventory service level, on-time deliveries, and cost reduction goals. Propose changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of supply chain process.
Principle Accountabilities (Major duties):
- Analyze, plan and manage inventory service levels and on-time deliveries for assigned parts to meet objectives using the MRP or stocking level system.
- Monitor exceptions and resolve as quickly as practical using multiple techniques.
- Manage supplier performance to achieve quality, cost and delivery goals.
- Source parts as required from suppliers. Anticipates and negotiates possible price changes and in general develops a thorough knowledge of commodities or parts assigned. Provide support for sourcing, negotiating, and administering supplier purchase agreements.
- Build strong value-added relationships with suppliers, other plants and DAI departments.
- Advise management of competitive situations, alternative supply sources, price increases, trends and supply/demand situations.
- Work with suppliers and Quality Department to resolve quality issues in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers and Accounting Department to resolve invoicing issues in a timely manner.
- Participate on special project teams as assigned.
- Cross-training with other department members
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of MRP, Inventory Control, Purchasing Procedures and Internal Controls.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-8 plus years’ experience in Planning/Buying with emphasis on multiple SKUs in a manufacturing environment.
- MAS 500 or other ERP System experience; 3-5 years
- Experience purchasing complex, precision machined parts.
- Experience in an “engineer to order parts” environment.
- Detailed oriented and able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and functions, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software (i.e. Excel, Word).
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Possess skills in change management and pro-active problem solving.
- Possess strong written, verbal, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- High energy/self-starter.
- Must be qualified to discuss ITAR designs (for example: US Citizen or equivalent).