Our client in Mentor, OH, is a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services. They are searching for a CNC Operator to join their team.
- Receives work instructions and prepares and operates equipment in accordance with instructions.
- Operate fabricating equipment: press brakes, manual shears, drill and tap machines
- Monitors the quality of own work being produced and conducts own inspection
- Documents work as required.
- Actively seeks out process improvements and communicates appropriately.
- Performs basic machine set ups and adjustments.
- Moves materials to appropriate location for pick up to next work station.
- Performs daily clean up, maintenance, and 5s work within area of responsibility.
- Complies with all regulatory, safety, policies, and standards requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent diploma.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be proficient in using measuring instruments (e.g. micrometers, calipers) to inspect own work in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- At least 1 year of related machine operating experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a solid metal fabrication / machining environment.
- Vocational school and/or Associates Degree in related field.
- Set-up experience is desirable.
- Experience in a lean, continuous improvement environment.
- Previous experience working in the medical equipment field.