CNC Working Lead
Akron, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Akron, OH, brings more than 40 years of experience in project management, engineering services and product development in the design and manufacture of precision components and assemblies. They are proud to support the aerospace, energy, military and armor, heavy truck and automotive, oil and gas, plastics, biopharmaceutical, and medical markets.
A CNC Working Lead assists the supervisor in coordinating the operation of the department, both in administrative and technical issues; assists in employee development/training and performs technical functions (sets up and runs machines) as required.
- Perform department supervisory responsibilities as required
- Participate in the job planning process and assist in preparing job quotes
- Works closely with engineers and programming
- Assist employees with more complicated set ups
- Set up and run CNC machines as required
- Participate in employee selection process
- Assist in training and development of department personnel
- Give input to supervisor for employee performance reviews
- Support company policies and procedures including safe work practices
- Promote effective team building with internal and external customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proficient on CNC mills, horizontal and vertical.
- Proficient with some programming skills.
- Sets up tools and fixtures.
- Selects and uses inspection equipment and techniques.
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Determines acceptability of quality of work.
- Deburrs and finishes at a high level of quality.
- Meets time and quality standards.
- Seeks out additional duties when it is needed.
- Brings up potential problems with suggested solutions.
- Promotes a positive environment through what is said and by setting an exampleEducation/Experience:
- Graduate of related two-year vocational school program and four years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional requirements are basic PC skills and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
The most qualified candidate will also possess the following:
Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment
Supervisory or leadership experience
Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills