Bedford Heights, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client, a successful steel company, is in search of a CTL Operator.
Openings in both Bedford Hts., OH and Houston, TX!
Operate Cut-To-Length line and produce materials to Majestic Steel and/or customer specifications while meeting quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Cut-To-Length line including proper leveler adjustments to correct steel shape. Utilize ERP system for data management.
- Maintain all aspects of product quality including selection and appearance of material, dimensional tolerance, weight, piece count, etc.
- Prepare inspection records and report production data.
- Assist with handling quality issues.
- Communicate with other areas on changes to scheduling, processing, etc.
- Report machine malfunctions to supervision and assist the maintenance department as needed.
- Operate lift truck and all warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by practicing safe work habits, good housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, etc.
- Assist in other areas on as needed basis.
- Other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Intermediate level math, mechanical and computer skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in work area and help maintain and promote safe conditions throughout the facility.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicate with management and co-workers in an effective manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow processes and procedures.
- Accurately use precision measurement equipment such as calipers, tape measure, micrometers, etc.
- Understanding of Leveling theory and operation of a Leveler.
- Experience working in a Steel Service Center.
- Basic computer skills such as data entry and retrieval.
- 1 plus years of Cut-to-Length/Leveler operation experience.