Deburring / Shipping / Secondary
Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations.
They are searching for the right person to fill the versatile role of Deburring / Shipping / Secondary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans, deburrs and polishes using hand tools or powered equipment, performing any combination of the following task:
- Deburrs parts with file, wire brush. Holds parts against buffing or grinding wheel.
- Deburrs or polishes parts using portable grinder, buffer, deburring tool or hand pick.
- Mounts parts on revolving spindle or chuck and holds or moves tools, such as file, abrasives against the work piece to file, grind, polish or buff surface.
- Cleans interior surfaces of holes using reamer.
- Changes tools on powered equipment.
- Applies abrasive compound or other dressing to facilitate cleaning or polishing operation.
- Tends one or more tumbling barrels that smooth, polish and clean metal parts.
- Loads tumbler with parts and specified amounts of cleaning compound and abrasive materials, such as pebbles, sand, shot and sawdust, using shovel or hand scoop.
- May pour specified amount of liquids, such as water, benzene or kerosene into tumbler.
- Separates parts from abrasive materials or picks our parts, using hand or magnet.
- Packages materials and products manually.
- Clean packaging containers.
- Lines crates and assemblies cartons.
- Obtains and sorts product.
- Wraps protective material around product.
- Inserts product into containers.
- Weighs containers and adjusts quantity.
- Labels containers, container tags or products.
- Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
- Inspects material products and containers at each step of packaging process.
- Record information, such as weight, time and date packaged.
- Tends machine that washed, rust proofs, and /or dries metal parts/
- Turns valves to activate spray washers
- Reads dial interments and turns valves to adjust pressure
- Observes machine operation and loads parts, which are then degreased, rinsed, coated with rustproof film and /or dries in oven
- Assembles products partially or completely, working at bench or on shop floor.
- Follows blueprints
- Fastens parts together manually or using hand tools and portable powered tools.
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- May operate drill press, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operations
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- Production rates
- Attention to detail/thoroughness
- Good problem solving skill
- Good communication
- Customer service oriented
- Hard working/Hands on
- Makes and meets commitments
- High sense of urgency
- Highly ethical, demonstrate respect for individuals
- Continuous improvement minoser
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of different deburring, methods
- Knowledge of grinding, buffing, parts washing, assembly and media blasting
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.