Twinsburg, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Twinsburg, OH is a manufacturer of highly-engineered metal-based powertrain products. They are in search for a Die Repair Specialist to join their talented team!
Repair, rebuild, and maintain casting and trim dies in a manner consistent with the original specifications, operating all machines and equipment associated with this process.
- Receive instructions and information from Team Leader and/or Supervisor.
- Transport, clean, disassemble, repair, and reassemble casting and trim dies, using lift trucks, die cleaning equipment, and cranes as necessary.
- Build and replace segments, cores, details, and parts from blue prints, using required tools or equipment.
- Draw polish or grind die cavity surfaces using required tools or equipment.
- Make repairs, remove stuck castings, correct dimensional problems, change cores and trim punches while casting and trim dies are mounted on machines.
- Perform welding duties in the foundry and the Die Repair Department.
- Troubleshoot all production tooling problems, performing repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Complete forms, die work orders, pictorials, sign-offs, and records as directed.
- Keep work area, equipment, and department neat and orderly.
- Train new employees.
- Perform all other duties incidental to the safe and efficient operation of the tool and die repair department as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree, trade or technical school, journey person certificate
- Up to 2 years training required. If the employee does not meet the minimum experience required, the employee must complete 2 years of on-the-job training to meet this requirement. Must have Tool & Die Repair Journeyman Papers.
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate considerable care in order to minimize damage/loss to materials and equipment (normal precautions minimize loss risk).