Electrical Product Engineer
Painesville, OH | Direct Hire
Our client in Painesville, OH is a manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical components for the aerospace industry, looking for a motivated Electrical Product Engineer to join their team!
This division of the company is responsible for the design and testing of various electro-mechanical devices which are paramount to everyday aircraft operation. As a product engineer you will be expected to parse the customer specification into requirements, design the product to those requirements, and then validate the design through testing. It is a fast paced work environment that will challenge your design knowledge and allow you to take ownership of a project from cradle to grave.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or as part of a team
- Solid understanding of analog circuit design and analysis. To include part derating, power calculations, thermal calculations, etc.
- Willingness to grow and investigate new technologies in order to keep pace in the aerospace industry
- Ability to operate and effectively utilize general lab equipment to include, but not limited to, oscilloscope, digital multimeter, and function generator.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills for occasional floor sustainment support
- Ability to breadboard small circuits or utilize SPICE software in order to validate designs before sending to be manufactured
- Experience with component selection to meet design, environmental and MTBF requirements
- Frequent customer interaction, good verbal and written skills required or well versed with spell check
These Skills are Considered a Plus:
- Experience with Altium schematic capture and CCA layout design
- Worked on cross discipline electro-mechanical programs
- Matlab/Simulink knowledge
- Design experience with Texas Instruments MSP430 microprocessors
- Familiar with Code Composer Studio. Writing/editing code as well as compiling, building and flashing embedded firmware onto production CCA’s.
- Understanding of stepper and BLDC motor control a big plus
- Familiarity with DO-160 testing, more specifically the EMI/RFI portion
- On smaller projects the engineer manages all phases of the design and gating process so some experience in program management is a plus
- Solidworks or similar CAD software experience
Attractive Benefits including: