Electro Mechanical Machine Assembler
Streetsboro, OH | Temp to Hire
Plan and perform a variety of duties to assemble parts, components, and related units, assigned machines and/or packaging systems to meet established and/or customer requirements. Perform wiring, assembling and soldering operations as required following standard methods and procedures.
- Work from work orders, parts lists, blueprints, specifications, sketches, written or verbal instruction and own knowledge of equipment, procedures or modification necessary to meet exacting machine and/or system operational performance. Assist Manufacturing Engineering in verification and maintenance of assembly work instructions. Use hand and powered tools, soldering equipment, measuring devices and basic testers common to assembly operations. Use basic electrical test equipment for troubleshooting part and assemblies as required. Dress wired, solder connections and clean solder joints as required.
- Obtain work and verify count on work orders, correctness of parts, components required for sub-assemblies, complete machine or multi-unit packaging system assembly. Make and modify parts as needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Plan and assemble a wide variety of parts and components and various other interrelated mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronic assemblies, drives, feeder/ weighing/ counting and packaging controls. Make accurate alignment of parts, components, and sub-assemblies. Drill, tap, bend and fit item in proper manner. Check clearances, make adjustments and readjust as required. As required, work with service and/ or customer personnel.
- Operate assigned equipment, test and adjust to close tolerances in proper manner to meet requirements. Requisition needed parts and supplies.
- Record time or production information required and maintain assigned records in proper manner. Maintain work area and equipment used in a clean and orderly condition. Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material or unsafe conditions to proper supervision. Observe all standard safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of mathematics together with the use of work orders, parts lists, complicated blueprints, instructions, and various types of precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of mechanics, electrical/electronic circuits, assembly methods and procedures and packaging machines and systems
- 3 plus years' Electrical & Mechanical machine assembly experience required
- High school diploma plus 2 years practical trades training
- Basic computer skills