Our client in Chardon, OH is a leading designer of sustainable technologies, energy saving products and water treatment solutions. They are hiring an Engineer to joint their team.
This position will train in Chardon and move to Mentor.
- Generate cost estimates for assigned product lines as requested.
- Lead and coordinate implementation of new processes in the Chardon Plant. Provide direction on cross-functional teams with respect to Manufacturing process and product development of assigned product lines and special projects.
- Take ownership of all manufacturing/process equipment utilized on product lines and maintain associated work instructions.
- Assist in training of plant technicians on all production equipment utilized on assigned product lines including written work instructions.
- Provide process routings for assigned product lines in a timely fashion. Provide cost and variance analysis.
- Provide disposition on non-conforming products and processes.
- Interact with all parts of the company as needed for developing processes and resolving quality problems for assigned product lines.
- Report monthly quality cost performance. Provide support for area quality reviews with Plant Technicians. Provide leadership for eliminating quality problems.
- Develop and maintain quality plans, inspection plans, and associated inspection and test procedures to ensure conformance of specifications for assigned product lines, orders, and projects.
- Provide direction to Design Engineering for developing fixtures and improving DFM. Identify improvement activities to recommend strategies to improve cost, quality, and schedule performance.
- Administer all Plant and Corporate policies fairly as required.
- Ensure that all technicians operate in a safe fashion. Ensure that all equipment and processes operate, and are operated safely
- Prepare appropriation requests and purchase order requisitions as required.
- Provide back-up to area managers in supervisory and SFC activities. Be SAP proficient so that jobs can be released, closed, shipped, and that standard data entries can be made. ,
- Contribute to the success of the Plant Management Team by promoting an atmosphere of trust, fairness, cooperation, and teamwork among technicians, peers, and management
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Sciences, or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 yrs. as a Manufacturing Engineer
- QA Engineering certification is required, but can be obtained after starting the job.
- Thorough knowledge of geometric tolerancing
- TIG and resistance welding knowledge
- SAP experience is desired, and will be required to perform base ME duties.
- Background in chemical manufacturing is helpful