Extrusion Machine Operators
Walton Hills, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Walton Hills, Ohio is looking to add Extrusion Machine Operators to their busy operation!
**Must have 3+ years as a machine operator, preferably in some kind of plastics environment**
Responsibilities of the Extrusion Machine Operator:
· Start up, set up, operate, and tend machine that extrudes thermoplastics to meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders and/or blueprints
· Load materials into extruder and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
· Move controls to activate and adjust for extruding process.
· Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine malfunctions.
· Press the correct buttons to stop machine when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
· Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports.
· Operator must always be mentally alert on the machine.
· Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee.
· Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Requirements of the Extrusion Machine Operator:
· High school diploma/GED minimum
· Fork lift Certification a plus
· Basic computer skills a plus
· Tow motor driving experience
· Must be able to read a tape measure
· Mathematical aptitude
· Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
· Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder
· Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist)
· Frequent standing, walking and lifting
· Regular and punctual attendance
Apply today for this excellent opportunity!