Fab Shop Associate
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are as follows:
First Shift: Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3pm with 1/2 hour for lunch.
Third Shift: Sunday through Thursday, 11:00pm – 7:00am with ½ hour for lunch.
Occasional overtime may be needed.
Rate: $13.00 per hour (+.50 shift diff for 3rd)
Position Type: Temp to perm
Our client is dedicated to supplying their customers with a wide array of industrial insulation products and solutions that cover the most demanding insulation applications. As a manufacturer and distributor, their products are used worldwide in mechanical, thermal and acoustical insulation projects. They are in search of quality Fab Shop Associate to join their team!
The purpose of this position is to assist in machine operation and material handling in the Fab Shop department. This involves working in a team environment within the guidelines and procedures provided by the company.
- Operate band saw, pipe saw, router, grinder
- Cut / fabricate pipe covering, fittings and specialty items per customer demands and company standards
- Measuring pipe covering and fittings
- Gluing, papering, cutting, trimming and labeling the product
- Pack boxes with finished product
- Break down buns
- Reviews orders for accuracy
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Must have problem solving skills as problems with these machines are not always identifiable.
- Solving them requires judgments such as priorities, evaluating results or coordinating with others.
- Independent judgement is required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least one year warehouse and/or manufacturing experience
- Ability to operate a tow motor
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must have basic ability to read, write and follow verbal instructions.
- Available to perform duties outside of normal work hours as required
- Regular and punctual attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 150 pounds with help. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear. May work in an area that is uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions. This position requires moderate physical exertion.