Wickliffe, OH | Temp to Hire
The position is responsible for the safe operation of burr guns, hand tools, and other bench equipment to clean and remove welds, nicks, and burrs from cast parts.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, operates light bench equipment to clean and remove welds, burrs and nicks, excess metal and gates from parts
- Learns specified codes specific to manufacturing process
- Selects and mounts proper tool in burr gun. Also determines what will be removed by belt cleanup. Other equipment that may be used i.e. caliper, micrometer
- Learns to use measuring equipment i.e. caliper, micrometer
- Completes paperwork on traveler as required, submits to designated person for checking
- May transport finished pieces to next operation
- Instructions are provided on job assignments and equipment
- Follows established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment
- Performs related work requiring equal or lesser skill as directed
- Requires the ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions normally acquired by completion of high school of GED
- Minimum three months of deburring or grinding experience preferred to become familiar with basic foundry procedure.
- Must pass a basic math, reading comprehension and measurements test (i.e. calipers and micrometers)
- Computer skills: Basic Excel spreadsheets, data entry. Clear legible handwriting
- Positive ‘Can-Do’ attitude; a team player
- Works well with others and communicates effectively in a very diverse workforce
- Focus on results, timely completion, quality, accuracy and precision; Attention to detail – precision oriented
- Prior work with grinders or manipulation of metal; requiring hand-eye coordination, fine finger dexterity.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 15-25# frequently, 25-80# on occasion
- Frequent sitting, standing; walking on uneven surfaces; climbing stairs; Occasional indoors/outdoors
- Exposure to hot/cold, inside/outside, fumes, dust, chemicals, allergens