General Sales Manager
Chicago, IL | Direct Hire
Our client, a paper packaging company in Painesville OH, is in search a General Sales Manager for the Chicago/Indianapolis region.
Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a region. Manages multiple districts within a region and adjusts sales goals and procedures as appropriate for each district. Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the region's sales volume. May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- 40% - Drives the sales and objectives of 3-5 territory sales manager (TSM) by monitoring weekly, monthly and yearly numbers/quotas. Assist with training of new TSM while getting acquainted with their new position and territory. Act as a resource for questions, issues or problems that may arise while in the field.
- 20% - Assists resellers with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- 20% - Becomes actively involved in a new resellers sales orientation and sales training programs. Ads as a resource to resellers in contract opportunities, proposals and proformas. Assist resellers with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- 10% - Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. Attends trade shows. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs. Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- 10% - Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from resellers and handles complaints.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related area of study.
- 7 years of field sales experience.
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Experience coaching/mentoring a sales staff.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends, association needs and possible application to real world projects.
- Ability to lift 50 -80 lbs