Eastlake, OH | Direct Hire
Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers. Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Also, provides some administrative support in a variety of functions to an individual, team, department, or other group in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the HR Partner with the management team to support business objectives by providing strategic, tactical and operational Human Resources leadership
- Recruit qualified candidates for all open salaried, non-exempt and hourly positions including related diligence for background verification and pre-employment testing
- Maintains personnel files and training records
- Process Payroll, Maintain Payroll system, Maintain Time Clock system Process Unemployment claims and maintain Insurance information for personnel
- Actively participates in benefit negotiations and sourcing
- Assure legal and regulatory compliance for all personnel including EHS
- Co-leads employee safety team and works with the Plant Manager and Facility Manager to implement effective programs and meet site objectives in Health, Safety, and Environment
- Maintain Workers Compensation records. Correspond with injured workers, third party administrator and Workers Compensation administrator
- Maintain all OSHA Log 300 and Correspondence records
- Champions training and employee development programs in collaboration with department managers.
- Takes the lead in developing HR policies and procedures
- Maintains all Confidential Correspondence with customers, suppliers and employees
- Process all Customer Certifications and Maintain files
- Maintain necessary permits — Water Pollutions, Ohio EPA, Fire Inspection reports
- Contributes HR-related content for all-hands meetings and assists with consolidating presentations
- Other duties requested by Executive Management
- Comfortable with a fast-paced working environment that requires both a hands-on and strategic approach.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, makes and meets commitments, leads by example.
- Operates with a bias toward speed and with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong communications and inter-personal skills.
- Operates with a strong respect for others and with high integrity.
- Is actively engaged with the team to support customer requirements and business goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.