Hand Soldering Technician
Our client, an electronics contract manufacturing company in Mentor, OH, is in need of Hand Soldering Technicians. The Hand Soldering Technician solders printed circuit boards and assemblies to IPC standards.
Responsible for carrying out the duties listed below in a proficient, orderly manner while maintaining a positive attitude and solid attendance record.
- Identify good and bad solder connections based on industry quality standards of IPC or equivalent.
- Soldering and touch-up of through-hole components.
- Rework of through-hole components once qualified.
- Soldering and rework of surface mount components on printed circuit boards once qualified.
- Reliably produce quality workmanship consistent with IPC or equivalent standards.
- Pass IPC certification for CIS including all Libra required modules.
- Able to follow written instructions and provide feedback as to how to improve those instructions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned within the qualifications and training received.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year electronic soldering experience or successful completion of internal solder training.
- IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of Windows based computers, MS Word and Excel preferred
- Sitting 90%, Standing/Walking 10%
- Manual dexterity and use of hand tools.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
- Occasional pushing wheeled cart of product weighing 30-40 pounds.
- Prolonged use of stereo microscopes to perform detailed tasks
- Able to pass eye exams as required to meet the demands of the products built.