Mentor, OH | Contract to Hire
Northeast Ohio Metal Fabrication and Welding Company is seeking an experienced Iron Worker / Millwright.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members. Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place using cranes, using hand signals and tag lines.
- Verify alignment and plumbing of steel structures and make corrections to erected structures as needed.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts following blueprints using various bolts, nuts, washers and torqueing.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with layout, connecting and rigging.
- Ability to work at all heights.
- Ability to Weld in all positions
- Ability to work in the shop if needed
- Ability to read blueprints, interpret symbols and abbreviations on plans and drawings.
- Prior rigging experience to include knowledge of hand signals, rigging gear, inspection and proper use.
- Must work safely. Must pass drug/background check and have verifiable references.
- Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Some travel required.