Wickliffe, OH | Direct Hire
Our client’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Their recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. They are in search of a quality Lab Technician to add to their team.
The lab technician will perform several detailed chemical analytical jobs within the set response times and will ensure that product quality specifications are met.
The lab runs 24/7. (C shift) The hours are 3 AM – 3 PM.
Week 1: Mo, Tu, Fri, Sat (48 hours)
Week 2: Su, We, Th (36 hours)
Automatic overtime on the long week
Every other weekend they work. Every other weekend is 3 days off.
Execute several physico-chemical sample preparations, analyses or tasks according to standardized work methods, using a variety of lab equipment, and report possible deviations to Lab Supervisor and/or Process & Technology Manager.
- Work according to established quality requirements:
- Maintain the lab equipment (clean pH probes, clean or replace ICP torch module, replace worn tubing, etc.), conduct checks/calibration on the equipment/lab instruments and reports on possible technical issues;
- Take care of good housekeeping of the lab and all lab equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment for all in the lab;
- Analyze lab certification samples for pH and ORP;
- React appropriately to unforeseen circumstances, such as failures of the lab equipment and report unexpected results;
- Comply with all prescribed safety and environmental rules and regulations to include determining proper handling procedures of samples;
- Participate in quality control activities throughout the laboratory to include reviewing final reports and collecting all data necessary for routine quality control functions and tests.
- Apply analytical chemistry precision on a daily basis in regards to proper cleaning of glassware, avoidance of cross-contamination and the preparation of accurate standards.
Register all analytical results and communicate these results internally:
- Record test data and prepare reports detailing analytical results;
- Assure proper documentation of all results, reporting whether or not it conforms to specified requirements;
- Generate and maintain laboratory records, including vendor certificates of analysis, in-process analysis, finished goods, non-conformance and environmental records;
- Inform the organization on the results;
- May supply or recommend formulations based on customer requirements.
Collect daily the waste water samples and perform the necessary analysis weekly.
Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree or 4-year in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering (Inorganic Chemistry is preferred) or equivalent 4 years working experience in a laboratory or similar environment.
The knowledge of Chemistry will need to be applied on a regular basis while performing requisite job duties.
Preferably 1+ years of working experience in a laboratory or similar environment.
Experience in the use of analytical laboratory instruments and methods (AA, ICP, Ion Chromatography, titration, etc.) is desired.
Experience in LIMS, SAP is preferred
Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet programs/software is required
Personal & Physical Skills:
Good written and oral communication skills.
Able to follow written instructions with accuracy and precision
Precise recording of results
This position requires decision making and multi-tasking
Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
Supports organization's goals and values.
Good organizational skills
Able to plan and organize the assigned tasks;
Maintaining proper records;
Having attention to details;
Ability to work without supervision and comfortable trouble-shooting and problem solving without the assistance of the supervisor
Able to work a 12-hour shift
Able to stand for extended periods of time
Able to lift 40 pounds
Precise tasks require good vision and hand/eye coordination