Lab Technician - Lubrizol
Painesville, OH | Contract to Hire
Our client, THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION, is currently seeking a Lab Technician and they're looking for top talent like you!
Positions available on 1st (7am-3:30pm) and 2nd (11pm-7am) Shifts
BENEFITS IMMEDIATELY AND PAID HOLIDAYS!!
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Learn and maintain basic computer skills necessary to efficiently perform daily work.
- Exhibit proficiency in the operation of laboratory instrumentation after training.
- Perform effectively on routine tests and tasks.
- Promote safe work practices through prevention of personal injury, conservation of the environment, and protection of company property.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Lab Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited university or school.
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing work and/or at least 1 year laboratory experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written).
- Ability to function in a team environment by working well with others.
- Demonstrate dependability by maintaining a high standard of attendance.
- Work on building credibility through timely and accurate task completion.
- Demonstrate self-initiative by completing daily responsibilities and continuous training.
- Accept instruction/training from more senior lab techs as well as supervisors.
- Demonstrate Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Follow and abide by all ISO work instructions.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and supervision.
- Ability to lift and handle objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to work 12 hour rotating shifts and overtime.
Considered A Plus:
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent science.
- Working knowledge of QA laboratory instrumentation (e.g. ICP, GLC, FTIR, etc.).
- Familiarity with Lubrizol products, intermediates and raw materials.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and act on them.
- Previous experience in a team-based work environment.
If you're looking for a career and not just a job, apply today!!