Our client’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Their recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. They are currently seeking an MRB Operator to join their talented team.
12-hr shifts, 6am-6pm OR 6pm-6am
$16.50/hr.; $17 upon hire-in
Chemical Production Process = Leaching, Hydrolysis, Precipitation
- Mainly stationed in MRB, Nickel and CO I buildings
- Load reactors with raw materials by means of forklift
- Start the leaching process and follow the instructions adding reagents as described in the manufacturing order.
- Perform regular reactor checks
- Leaching of the GTP and Super Alloy feeds
- Move solution between holding tanks or reactor vessels and pump solution through the correct pipelines
- Handles the flocking and filtration of the WTA
- Nickel Hydrolysis and polishing, which includes cleaning the filter press
- Operate the lift crane and blending machinery to accurately prepare the finished Nickel Carbonate to meet customer specifications
- Cleaning the filter presses for the Primary and Secondary Effluent
- Perform regular scrubber checks
- Perform regular effluent checks
- Transfer raw materials, intermediate products and consumables around the production department and the warehouse, using forklift/hand truck.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products manually or by mechanized means.
- Assist in other production, maintenance and warehouse areas as directed.
- High school diploma is required, or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate certification or 2 years of college or equivalent education is preferred.
- Minimum of 0-1 year work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Forklift experience is required or willingness to follow the necessary training to obtain the certificate
- Physically able to wear a respirator or PAPR (forced air hood). This will be required for protection during regular work duties on a daily basis.
- Able to perform physical tasks such as handle weights (material), operate valves, …
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices is desired
- Knowledge of hazardous materials handling is a plus.
- Good math skills with experience measuring volume and weight, calculating units of measure and using fractions and percentages
- Basic computer skills