Cleveland, OH | Temporary
Our client is in search of a Maintenance Assistant to fill a TEMPORARY assignment beginning in mid-March and lasting for roughly 6 months.
The Maintenance Assistant helps maintain the property, equipment, and grounds in a manner that will provide a clean and safe working environment. This position reports to the Director of Building & Grounds.
1st Shift Position
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- Conduct event set-ups and take down as directed
- Assist faculty, staff, students and guests as needed and/or directed
- Assist in the repair of all building equipment
- Unblock plumbing fixtures and piping as needed
- Re-set electrical circuit breakers as required
- Re-lamp lighting fixtures and replace ballasts as required
- Paint and repair walls and ceilings
- Provide maintenance of all landscaping, including but not limited to: keep grounds clean and well groomed ( hedges, bushes, trees, flower beds), pick up debris, cut grass, leaf removal, weed control and keep all drains clean and clear of debris
- Snow removal; maintain clean and safe walkways to and from buildings
- Keep roofs clean, minor repairs, keep drains clean and unblocked
- Move furniture and equipment as needed
- Work emergencies and over time as needed
- Follow projects and requests through to completion
- Provide maintenance and cleanliness of CIM owned vehicles
- Provide safe transportation of faculty, staff, students, and patrons as directed
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned
- Have at least one or two years of prior custodial experience
- Possess knowledge of basic maintenance responsibilities
- Must have physical dexterity required for lifting, moving, standing, or walking for significant periods of time.
- Physically able to climb/crawl in tight areas and climb ladders
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Must have excellent attendance
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Looking for a responsible individual who takes his duties seriously