Maintenance Mechanic - Lubrizol
Avon Lake, OH
The Lubrizol Corp, one of Northeast Ohio's most successful companies is seeking Maintenance Mechanics. If you're looking to make a career move, we want to hear from you!! Apply today for immediate consideration!!
This position provides mechanical repair services for chemical plant manufacturing equipment. The Maintenance mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting equipment, identifying the cause of the problem and safely and effectively performing the repair. Interaction with operations engineers and production operators, fellow skilled trade employees, outside vendors, various levels of plant management is required.
- Support all areas of chemical manufacturing plant with repair of mechanical equipment, including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, mechanical seals, gearboxes, fans, blowers, mixers, compressors, extruders, etc.
- Provide knowledgeable and accurate troubleshooting expertise for mechanical problems.
- Perform installations of new piping and equipment, as well as repair of existing systems.
- Perform required Preventative Maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Inspections of mechanical equipment, piping and systems.
- Update required documentation for PSM, Mechanical Integrity and CMMS system as needed.
- Work with Vendors and Suppliers to specify and procure parts or replacements.
- Creation of fully dimensioned prints based on measurements obtained using standard measuring equipment
- Fits and assembles machinery parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics (including metric measurements).
- Precision alignment of rotating equipment
- Competent understanding of vibration analysis data.
- Aptitude and desire to be cross trained in other mechanical trade skills and practices
- Good housekeeping skills before, during and after the job requirements.
- Installs finished part into machines, mechanisms. Tests operation of equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Develop specification from general description and draw sketch of part to be fabricated
- Assist with other jobs in the maintenance dept as assigned by supervision.
- Work overtime as needed on the off shift and weekends.
- Keep drawings and records in good order for future reference and mechanical integrity auditing
- Ability to work independently, while providing excellent communication on job status to equipment owners and support staff.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Candidates for this position must successfully pass assessment tests and be in good standing
- Journeyman Mechanic (equivalent experience and education considered)
- Industrial Maintenance background and experience
- Ability to work with tools of trade
- Computer proficiency in Windows and software related to maintenance systems
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings related to maintenance activities
- Take responsibility for own safety and work with minimal supervision
- Response to off-shift emergencies as required, willingness to participate in rotating off shift on call system
- No lifting or respirator restrictions
- Strong communication skills, and demonstrated success working with teams and contributing to overall team success.
Contact Vector Technical Inc. to learn how you can obtain a position with Lubrizol!