Our client is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity at their Solon, Ohio facility!!
- Supervise all aspects of Maintenance of the plant and facilities.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance department activities with all other departments in the plant.
- Achieve minimal downtime on critical equipment. Complete major repairs & capital improvement projects on time and within budget.
- Resolve chronic equipment problems with no lost time accidents.
- Obtaining agreement on details of projects among all involved parties; balancing priorities while dealing with all levels of personnel in the plant; acquiring supervisory skills through experience.
- Must keep calm while dealing with many emergencies, complaints and criticisms.
- Must be able to understand the operation of all plant equipment, including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, firing, etc.
- Memos concerning technical or organizational issues; appropriation requests; yearly department spending budget; monthly report of activities; meeting minutes; project notes; machine specifications; maintenance contracts — outside vendors.
- People and labor relations problems are often very stressful. Dealing with extremely critical equipment breakdowns (ex: hydrofluoric acid) is also very demanding. Interpret plant operations from equipment standpoint & recommend, install, and or repair equipment to meet plant goals.
- Work closely with Engineers, Department Heads, Shift Supervisors and Production Managers in solving technical and process problems. Work with Personnel Manager in dealing with personnel and labor relations issues. Work with Equipment Engineer and Tradesworkers to address equipment and maintenance problems.
- Maintenance Supervisor prioritizes projects with input from all sources. Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assigning production requests and projects and seeing them through to completion.
- Recommend scope of work and methods for all equipment repairs and capital projects. Responsible for hiring, training and maintaining effective people in the department.
- Involved with scheduling work, overseeing tradesworkers and with day-to-day operation and maintaining of the plant and equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor also focuses on the longer-term projects, planning and direction of the Maintenance Department functions, including improving methods and reducing costs of maintenance.
Time Management Breakdown:
- Supervise the activities of the Electricians, Mechanics and the Utility Workers. (50%)
- Handle personnel and labor relations issues including establishment of policies, training, hiring and discipline actions within the department. (5%)
- Communicate technical findings, decisions and other information among all levels of the organization. (10%)
- Establish and ensure compliance with the department expense budget. (5%)
- Recommend capital improvements for the plant and facilities. (5%)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues relating to plant and equipment problems. (25%)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Supervisory, Plant Maintenance
- PLC Training, Advance Hydraulic Design, Welding
Total Employees Supervised:
- Exempt 0
- Non-Exempt 0
- Hourly 14
- 2 Buildings = 140,000 square feet
- Property = 12 acres
- Over 700 pieces of equipment to maintain
- Equipment includes kilns, dryers, conveyors, presses, grinding mills, mixers, blenders, pumps, fans, towmotors, etc.
- Department completes approx. 600 work orders monthly.