Bedford Heights, OH
Our client, a successful steel company in Bedford Hts. OH, is in search of a Maintenance Technician to add to their team! The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing routine equipment and service center maintenance tasks along with monitoring and scheduling preventative maintenance on the equipment and building. The Maintenance Technician will also be responsible for assisting in completing special projects that may be assigned to the area.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests, as assigned.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance on equipment and building.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems, as assigned.
- Prepare and record maintenance reports.
- Analyze work processes and equipment to make recommendations for improved processes and efficiencies.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical wiring, hydraulics, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean the equipment and individual parts, including bearings and gears.
- Assist in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and in accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards.
- Special projects and other responsibilities may be assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, Technical Trade School degree is a plus
- Five years maintenance or related experience
- Expertise in hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, and welding
- Experience with lift truck repairs and preventative maintenance
- Knowledge of electronics and programmable logic control (PLC)
- Ability to read and interpret prints and drawings (blue prints, schematics, CAD, technical drawings)
- Has access to their own tools and tool box, including wrenches up to 1”
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge-base and experience
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to analyze problems and determine the best solution
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize work load
- Flexible schedule; Ability to travel occasionally
- Expertise in troubleshooting and repair of flat-rolled steel equipment (i.e. slitter, cut-to-length line), general machinery
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand 8 hours per day, in addition to walking, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Be able to mount, dismount and operate powered industrial equipment