Benton Harbor, MI
The Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is to ensure that equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use optimizing equipment up-time. The purpose of the Maintenance employee is to make scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing as well as maintaining all building systems. Reports administratively to the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- MUST HAVE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE TROUBLESHOOTING AND FIXING REPUTED BRAND INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES
- This position will maintain production and facility equipment to include installation, set up, preventative maintenance and adjustments required by technical service instructions.
- Safely troubleshoots, repairs, and executes all preventive maintenance tasks on injection molding related equipment required in tooling and manufacturing
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to detect causes of malfunctions on Hydraulic Circuitry
- Dismantles machinery and equipment to gain access and perform diagnoses
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, pulleys, gears, bearings, bushings, etc.
- Repairs hoses, wiring, valves, etc., reassembles and verifies proper function.
- Analyzes Fault Reports and service requests from personnel.
- Effectively communicates with outside equipment suppliers to obtain competitive quotes, resolve equipment performance, maintenance, and reliability issues.
- Maintains meticulous housekeeping with regard to work areas, tools, company vehicles and other company equipment to continually reflect the high standards of the company.
- Responsibilities include all listed above, but are not limited to only those listed above.
- Complete any and all tasks or assignments as requested by Management
- Follow all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per MPI’s / OSHA requirements.
- Maintain compliance of TS 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Inspects and repairs building utilities such as replacing light bulbs and electronic ballasts, fuses, outlets, switches and other defective parts.
- Safely troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all building systems such as HVAC, pumps, chillers, air compressors, plumbing and electrical.
- Inspects machinery and equipment to detect causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machinery and equipment to gain access and perform diagnoses, corrective and preventative maintenance tasks, reassembles and verifies proper function.
- Conducts periodic inspection of building systems and performs tests using a variety of instruments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years maintenance experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing environment
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, programmable controller problems
- Experience in operating various machining equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.