Layout, install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
Train on 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm)
Then move to 2nd Shift (2:30pm - 11:00pm)
- Work from MLS work orders and record labor and inventory transactions in MLS.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as transfer systems, balancers, robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Install power, light electronic and control circuits and apparatus; establish secondary distribution centers, balance loads, wire complicated circuits with a large number of connections.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Test malfunctioning machinery; discuss with maintenance workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Program PLC's and maintain back-up copies of programs.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Use lift equipment as necessary to move and position parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Complete required reports and records.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
Electrical Experience is critical to be successful in this position, and is a requirement!