Eastlake, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations.
They are searching for the right Maintenance Technician to join their team!
Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or other appropriate administrative staff is responsible for coordinating, assisting and completing the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for assisting with the maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying knowledge of machine shop procedures, maintenance techniques and repair machine tools.
- Performs all duties under maintenance job descriptions.
- Assist with installs and repairs of electrical systems, apparatus and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment:
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches and motors, positions sensing devices using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- May be required to hold electrician’s license.
- Tends machines, such as centrifugal separator and oil purifier to separate turnings and cutting oil
- Also performs job description for Maintenance/Janitor.
- Other duties as assigned
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- Compliance with PM schedules
- Ability to coordinate and maintain machine maintenance on all shop equipment and provide assistance with a preventive maintenance.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, vendors/contractors.
- Ability to install inspect, repair and maintain the electrical, plumbing and other related systems of all department locations.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as needed
- Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed
- Ability to inspect, operate and maintain heating, cooling and ventilation system.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety per cautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties
- High sense of urgency
- Effective Communicator
- Well organized
- Strong process solver
- Attention to detail/thoroughness
- Makes and meets commitments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly ethical, demonstrated respect for individuals
- Continuous improvement minoser
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Electrical knowledge
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Pneumatics/hydraulic knowledge
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.