Our client in Middlefield, Ohio is a producer of both Injection Molded and Thermoformed plastic products. They are currently seeking qualified MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS!
- Ability to learn the manufacturing process as it relates to equipment start-up, operations, to our company procedures.
- Must possess process troubleshooting skills to respond to and drive performance.
- Complete scheduled maintenance activities (PMs, rebuilds, etc.).
- Complete unscheduled maintenance repairs as instructed.
- Perform preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs on conveyors, injection molding
machines, thermoforming machines, extruders, print machines, labelers, air compressors,
loading equipment, chillers and various other machines.
- Must be able to read production schedule compliance.
- Must be able to accurately track and enter production data into the Work Order system and verify shift production matches the induction report.
- Duties would include, but not limited to, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic repair, building and machinery maintenance and fabrication.
- Repairs, maintains, replaces, installs and tests electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including automated machines, controls, panels, relays, alarms and circuit breakers.
- Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment.
- Inspects equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions.
- Installs power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause and makes necessary adjustments.
- Operates electrical hand tools and voltage or ampere measuring devices.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
- Provides technical assistance to lower level maintenance technicians.
- Must be able to accurately complete all administrative paperwork.
- Must be able to lead and create a safe work culture.
- Support all company policies and procedures including 5S and focused work teams.
- Lead by example and perform all job duties in accordance with company values.
- Perform other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree and/or advanced technical certificates preferred.
- Minimum four years’ hands on skilled maintenance experience and strong PLC knowledge (prefer Siemens S5, GELM90, RS Logic, Direct Soft, Antero).
- Experience working on plastics machinery (extrusion, thermoforming, injection) preferred.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge and electrical/mechanical machine repair preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Driver’s License, certs for maintenance, universal recovery (HVAC), electrical, and welding.
- Basic skills: critical thinking, reading comprehension, electrical print reading, blue print reading, communication.
- Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Complex problem-solving skills: problem identification, information gathering, information organizing, idea generation, idea evaluation.
- Technical skills: programming, troubleshooting, operation monitoring, testing.
- Working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in machinery maintenance.
- Formal apprenticeship and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of production processes within a mfg. environment.
- Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must be dependable and safety oriented.
- Must be flexible in working hours including overtime, holidays, and different shifts as required.
- Must possess good communication/interpersonal skills and get along well with others.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Negative pre-employment drug screen and ability to pass criminal background check.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Limited travel as required.
Excellent benefits upon hire!! Including health, dental, life, 401(k), vacation and educational reimbursement!
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!