Painesville, OH | Direct Hire
Our client in Painesville, OH is a manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical components for the aerospace industry, looking for the right person to fill the position of Manufacturing Engineer.
This salary will depend on the level of experience
ME $50,904 - $74,880
Sr. ME $58,596 - $96,582
The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) analyzes engineering design specifications, drawings and/or prototypes and makes recommendations concerning required methods, processes, tools, jigs, fixtures, etc., which are required to fabricate, assemble and test a product. The ME is expected to identify value-add projects and take initiative in executing them through completion, managing resources and capital, as required.
- Improve manufacturing productivity through increasing efficiency, consistency, ease, and repeatability
- Work closely with production to resolve manufacturing problems, non-conformant parts and assemblies
- Support cross functional team initiatives
Estimating product costs (labor, materials)
- PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 3-10 years manufacturing engineering experience
- General analytic ability, problem solving and troubleshooting (DoE, RCA/RCCA)
- Strong communication and team are critical
- Project management, including Capital projects
- Lean methodologies
- Tooling design using Solid works CAD
- Technical understanding of mechanics, fluid dynamics
- GD&T – general dimensioning and tolerance
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Complies and conducts business in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Promotes ethical behavior by acting with honesty and integrity
- Perform other duties as required.
- Needs to have management potential & desire; 2 levels of “promote-ability”
- Ability to identify, initiate and execute own work; prioritize and communicate
- Work schedule is Monday- Friday; minimum 8 hours working time each day spanning 8:30-4:00, plus one half Saturday each 6 weeks (rotation). Candidates are expected to apply extra time, as needed, to meet performance expectations.
Attractive Benefits including: