Manufacturing Supply Material Handler
Painesville, OH | Temp to Hire
Do you want to work for one of America's Top Workplaces? LUBRIZOL is currently seeking Manufacturing Supply Material Handlers workers for their Painesville, Ohio location!
The Manufacturing Supply Material Handler will report into the Shift Supervisor and is responsible for performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a tow motor.
- Transport materials throughout the plant as needed to support manufacturing.
- Work with various departments throughout the plant and prioritize multiple needs.
- Supply pallets to manufacturing sections.
- Manage scrap pallets.
- Remove empty drums from manufacturing sections and place in scrap drum trailer.
- Monitor key manufacturing supplies across plant and replenish.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Safely work independently and/or around others by following all required procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without immediate supervision.
- Will be subject to extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal/written).
- Flexibility with schedule and work duties.
- Must be a team player who will also assist other department team members as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while delivering customer focused results.
- The ability to pay attention to accuracy and detail is critical.
- Willing and able to follow supervisor’s direction.
- Demonstrated literacy and proficiency of Lubrizol’s computer systems.
- Ability to hear alarms and follow alarm procedures.
- Must be able to follow Lubrizol and department procedures and practices.
- Considered a Plus:
- Previous forklift and tow motor experience.
- Knowledge of chemistry and chemical hazards.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and act on them.
- Previous experience in a team-based work environment.
- Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Willing and able to work overtime, if needed.