Material Handler - MMC
Our client in Mentor, OH, is a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services. They are searching for Material Handlers to join their team.
Hours: M-Th: 7am-4:30pm; F: 7am-11am
- Unload supplier trucks and deliver raw parts to designated stock areas. Parts to be physically moved and entered into AS400 or ORACLE system through receiving, miscellaneous, and inter-organization transactions.
- Prepare transaction for internal orders and gather necessary pieces to be given to Manufacturing. Submit transaction into appropriate business system. Maintain inventory transaction and material shortage records.
- Pick material for work orders, according to printed picklists. Restock Material Kan Bans as needed.
- Stock completed sub-assemblies and accepted purchased parts.
- Pack any material leaving the building and complete internal shipping authority log using FedEx or RPS Shipping software.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by performing daily cycle counts and warehouse inspections as directed.
- Ensure material movement is shipped, received, and stored according to Company and Federal standards. Handle non-conforming material in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is REQUIRED.
- Fork lift truck license helpful, must be certified by STERIS trainer once in position.
- Position requires frequent lifting (at least 50 lbs.), bending, standing, sitting, and walking. Tasks may be repetitive at times. Frequent use of computer.
- One to two years shipping and receiving or warehouse experience preferred. Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Working knowledge of computer helpful.