Our client, a successful steel company in Cleveland, OH, is in search of a Material Handler.
1st & 2nd Shifts available!
The Material Handler is an integral part of operations, and is expected to adhere to the level of accuracy, safety and productivity that makes this company thrive.
Along with wielding industrial equipment, you’ll need to make sure that things are running smoothly, the line is ready for the next run and that you’re doing your job as efficiently as possible.
- Operate lift truck to transport material within service center.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store in appropriate area.
- Retrieve information from and input data into computer system.
- Verify counts and product shipped and/or received.
- Stage material for sales and production orders.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety policies.
- Special projects and other job related duties as assigned.
- Two years of lift truck experience.
- Good safety record.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize work load.
- Ability to read and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit up to 8 hours per day, in addition to walking, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
• Be able to mount, dismount and operate powered industrial equipment.