Material Handler - Ryder
Ryder is currently seeking MATERIAL HANDLERS for their successful operation and they need your talent!
Candidates must be able to work both 1st and 2nd Shifts
The purpose of this position is to accurately transfer product, both physically and logically, into and/or out of warehouse locations, load/unload trailers, move product throughout the facility with powered industrial equipment and perform inventory counts as required.
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer systems
- Work overtime as assigned