Euclid, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client is a manufacturer of precision tube & instrumentation fittings and valves. They are looking to hire a Metal Finisher to join their team.
1st shift (6:30 am - 3:00 pm, M-F)
This Metal Finishing position is very similar to a Shipping/Receiving position. A sturdy, sharp Shipping/Receiving person who can lift/push racks and boxes up to 55 lbs might be ideal for this position.
The job has been reconfigured for two people due to business activity:
- One person runs the vapor degreaser (nonhazardous 3M Novek solvent) and the passivation unit (highly diluted citric acid, also nonhazardous).
- One person waxes parts (partly a preservative, partly a torque-reducing agent to ease assembly).
However, the person will be expected to learn both elements and do either role as required.
- Load paperwork and recordkeeping into MRP program for each box or basket
- Maintain lot traceability
- Accurately prepare labels
- Boxes must be marked clearly per procedure and inventoried in specific locations
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Ability to lift/push boxes up to 55 lbs
- Mental alertness and attention to detail are essential
- Good reading skills
- Solid PC skills (preferably including data entry into an ERP system)
- Self-motivation/ability to work independently
- Lift truck skills