PRESS OPERATOR - TEAM LEADER
Euclid, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Euclid OH is in search of qualified Press Operators to be Team Leaders.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
An hourly-rated job in which the Associate directs the work of a group of Associates. The Team Leader directs other hourly jobs and may be required to perform some of the same work as the group. To produce quality parts in accordance with the company’s safety, quality, and production standards. Team Leaders are expected to focus on improving safety, quality and productivity in a team environment. In addition to their job responsibilities as an Operator they are to coordinate and organize the team’s activities. The Team Leader is expected to follow and enforce Company policies and procedures. All issues encountered are to be reported to their respective supervisor for appropriate action. The Team Leader is to work in a team environment and with all company departments.
In addition to the responsibilities listed in the Press Operator – Operator Level position, Team leaders are responsible for:
- Helping establish work priorities in conjunction with supervisor. Receives assignments from supervisor, then assigns and trains members of the group in safe and correct work procedures and performance required.
- Substituting for supervisor in his absence.
- Coordination and operations of press and set-ups.
- Coordination of team personnel.
- Assignment of daily duties to team members
- Meeting or exceeding production and quality goals.
- Problem solving
- Following established procedures.
- Reporting personnel, production, quality or other issues to team supervisor
- Setting scheduled tooling
- Documentation of shift activities per established procedures
- Communication with other shift leaders and supervisors
- Documentation of tooling repairs, adjustments and maintenance as required.
- Communicating training needs to supervisor.
- Housekeeping around areas of responsibilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as requested.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of corporate structure
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Strong background in production
- Possess strength in giving and receiving oral and written directions.
- Willingness to take on a leadership role.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Carry out training requirements (work cooperatively with Trainer).
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Be able to apply good judgment.
- Be able to communicate with others.
- Be able to perform several functions in quick succession (pull part from press, inspect and stack).
- Basic measurement calculations and data collection, including SPC.
- Observe and give ideas for continuous improvements.
- Evaluate work processes and give ideas for improvement.
- Demonstrate strength in following verbal and written directions and interpersonal communications.
- Take pride in producing a quality product while continuing to learn.
- Be able to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Completed Helper and Operator Level Training or have 5 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated solid work background with mechanical, coordination, inspection, and learning ability.
- Ninth grade reading and basic math skills.
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Be able to keep alert for an entire shift.
- Good eye, hand, foot coordination.
- Visual ability to spot defective parts.
- Be able to stand or sit (based on the demands of the press) for an entire shift.
- Carry or lift steel blanks or piece parts up to 25 pounds from skid to press.
- Maintain a production pace at minimum for an entire shift.
- Repetitive motion, such as; reaching, bending and turning while stacking and/or operating a press for an entire shift.
- Apply hand and wrist pressure and rotation when grinding.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment using required personal protective equipment.
- Be able to tolerate heat and cold.
- Exposure to oil mist and lubricants.
- Ability to maintain a production pace.
- Vision/Hearing: At least 20/20 or corrected to at least 20/20. Normal hearing range.
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills